When a campaign condition is a multiple select list and the variable is contains, does that mean contains both or does it mean contains either?

Anonymous
Not applicable

When a campaign condition is a multiple select list and the variable is contains, does that mean contains both or does it mean contains either?

Im making a smart campaign for a demand gen cycle and I am wondering about the conditions. For example is I say clicked link in email "contains"  email A, email B does that mean either email or both the emails? 

I hope that question makes sense. What I want it to do is look at a lead and say if the lead has not clicked on this email or this email then send this. I dont want to accidently put in a requirement that the lead clicks on both emails. 
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When a campaign condition is a multiple select list and the variable is contains, does that mean contains both or does it mean contains either?

Hey Jonathan,

Having that setup on a filter would be "Either". You could have 100 items on that list, and it the search matched any one of them, it would pull any matching values in.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When a campaign condition is a multiple select list and the variable is contains, does that mean contains both or does it mean contains either?

Caleb is absoultely correct with regard to these options allowing you to pick a ton of of links and accoplishing your goal.

I would be careful using the "Contains" selection because it is much broader than specificying the exact link. Typically contains is used when you are wanting to capture anyone who clicks an email link that CONTAINS somes similar characteristic e.g. "pricing".