Re: When Marketo is going to take seriously the duplication problem?

Diego_Lineros2
Level 7

When Marketo is going to take seriously the duplication problem?

Seems like Marketo with its little tool, not always free, to fix the duplication problem feels that has done enough, but this problem has never been taken seriously, the marketer got use to the mess blaming himself, instead of demanding a real solution from Marketo.

I think Marketo must face the problem and help the user out there in a real way.

6 REPLIES 6
John_Clark1
Level 10

Hi Diego,

I understand the frustration that can happen when a program doesn't react the way you think it should.  In order to better understand how deduplication works in Marketo I wrote the blog post below.

Deduplication: How It Works, and When It Doesn't

There are several ways Marketo is able to deduplicate leads when they're created, but also some ways that Marketo can't.  If you have duplicate leads that have been created when they matched one of the criteria in the article and should have been deduplicated, please open a ticket with support.  We take bugs and errors in the system very seriously.

John

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Diego,

What exactly is not working? I am sure John's description of the deduping will help, but there are situations that firms create where the standard Marketo deduping process will not work. If you can tell us what's wrong, perhaps some of us can point you in the right direction for a solution.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Diego, RingLead specializes in helping Marketo customizes optimize their data.

If you'd like to share your requirements with me, I can certainly help with advice.

If you are interested, gregg@ringlead.com

Diego_Lineros2
Level 7

No, I don´t want third party intervention, please read the post, MARKETO needs to face the problem. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree that a tool like RInglead can really help you out here.  Please provide further details about what exactly is going on to create the duplicates and I will see if I can come up with a solution for you

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Diego,

you may want to vote here :

-Greg