SOLVED

When I complete a form that has hidden default value of Null, the field is blank/empty in my lead record.

Go to solution
Danielle_Wong
Level 8 - Community Advisor

When I complete a form that has hidden default value of Null, the field is blank/empty in my lead record.

I'm testing a form I have that has a hidden field:

Lead Tracking field: Hidden: Cookie Value: LT=Null

If I complete this form, shouldn't my Lead tracking field show null? Because currently, it is not putting anything in the field. It's blank/empty.

Any thoughts on this?

Thank you!

Danielle

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: When I complete a form that has hidden default value of Null, the field is blank/empty in my lead record.

Null is not case-sensitive.  Also, while you will see "null" in the activity log (e.g., ACTIVITY TYPE: Change Data Value; DETAIL: Changed xxx field from [null] to new value), you shouldn't see null in any fields (unless it's part of a larger string - where, in that case, the field isn't null.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Dan_Stevens_

Re: When I complete a form that has hidden default value of Null, the field is blank/empty in my lead record.

Danielle - NULL values show up as empty/blank fields.  You're not going to physically see the word "NULL".

Danielle_Wong

Hi Dan,

But what if the default value that is set is "Null" (not NULL in all caps)? I thought having NULL in all caps would mean the field is blank/empty.

Danielle

Danielle_Wong

I should mention that we set up multiple forms this way and some forms do

update the field to say “Null” while some don’t update it as a blank/empty

value.

I’m not sure what determines this though.

On Mon, Feb 19, 2018 at 10:56 AM Dan Stevens <marketingnation@marketo.com>

Dan_Stevens_

Null is not case-sensitive.  Also, while you will see "null" in the activity log (e.g., ACTIVITY TYPE: Change Data Value; DETAIL: Changed xxx field from [null] to new value), you shouldn't see null in any fields (unless it's part of a larger string - where, in that case, the field isn't null.

Danielle_Wong

I didn't think Null was case-sensitive, but then I saw some product docs talking about NULL. But thank you for the confirmation, Dan!

I guess I just have to figure out why, in SFDC, some leads are updating the field to Null while some are just empty. That's the strange part I'm trying to figure out. Because, I had the same understanding that Null would just update as an empty field. But then there's leads that say otherwise...