What the volume limit to "Send via Sales Insight" in SFDC?

Anonymous
Not applicable

What the volume limit to "Send via Sales Insight" in SFDC?

What if you had an empowered sales team that was used to sending out mass-emails through Sales Insight and you let the team grow and the number of emails that each teams sends grow: when would we reach a technical limit of how much the Salesforce.com API can handle?

I think we're hitting the limit with thousands of emails being attempted to be sent at the same time by the entire team.

I know we need to begin sending these emails directly from Marketo instead (on behalf of the reps), but I wanted to better understand the technical limit.

Is it 200 email per rep per 5 minutes interval? Is there any documentation on this?
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What the volume limit to "Send via Sales Insight" in SFDC?

I too am interested in this. I've had sales teams heavily attached to using this tool, and the only info I've see is 200 at a time. but the limit must be close to a few minutes interval between sends, because I used to hear from reps who mentioned some of their emails not sending right away or at all when they attempted multiple batches in rapid succession.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I was told it was 200 max per time. I believe a Marketo staffer also confirmed this in a thread a long time ago. It is not in the docs (or it wasn't awhile ago).

I also heard that limit could go up to 2000 one day. guess it has not.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is the limit here 200 per day? Or 200 per every five minutes? Is there a way to increase this limit?

I haven't seen formal documentation, but part of the hope we have with Sales Insight is to allow our reps to reach out to particular customer sets, and that may include more than 200 contacts.

Rich_Flaherty
Level 1

Was there ever an answer to this question?

Kenneth_Linde
Level 1

Rich- For what it is worth, here was my response from Marketo support when referencing this same thread and my own similar question.

---

Case #: 00804251

Subject: Marketo Sales Emails

Created Date: 5/30/2017

Priority: P3

Response:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Marketo support.

My name is Francisco and I'll be working with you on this case today.

The 5 minute interval shouldn't be true as this is done via API and doesn't need to wait for the sync cycle. Unless SFDC is imposing a limit to the amount of calls you can make within 5 minutes I don't believe this is true.

The 200 email limitation is per batch email send, not per user or per day. It’s a limitation that comes from Salesforce due to API limitations. Each email send activity for each lead record is included in a single API call between SFDC and Marketo, so they limit it to 200 per batch so that the API call isn’t too large and won’t time out. After sending the one batch of 200 or fewer emails, you should be able to send the next batch of 200 or fewer emails.

-Francisco