SOLVED

Re: What makes a record get flagged with "ExplicitCompanyUpdateNotAllowed"

Go to solution
Melissa_Belec
Level 2

What makes a record get flagged with "ExplicitCompanyUpdateNotAllowed"

What makes a lead get flagged with "ExplicitCompanyUpdateNotAllowed" during import? I have only ever dealt with the Invalid email error before. With that error, Marketo still imports the lead, I just have to go back in and fix the emails. But the leads that are flagged with ExplicitCompanyUpdateNotAllowed are not imported, and when examining them, nothing appears to be wrong with the data. Today was the first time I have seen this. 22 records were flagged out of 599.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Yes, I know of this issue that popped up on Friday and I know Support is looking into it.

Please raise a ticket with Support so they know it is impacting multiple customers.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Yes, I know of this issue that popped up on Friday and I know Support is looking into it.

Please raise a ticket with Support so they know it is impacting multiple customers.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I’ve been experiencing the same issue as well this morning. I have three leads that I wasn’t able to upload initially and those three have been identified as existing contacts in our CRM system.

Maybe try taking a look to see if those 22 records are existing contacts in your CRM system? If so, try uploading the email addresses only in Marketo. I was able to upload those three leads successfully this way.

Andy_Varshneya1
Level 9

The error is occurring due to a system updated Marketo made in the June release. This upload error happens only when uploading a list where the person exists as a contact in the database already. Hopefully Marketo fixes this ASAP, but a workaround for this problem is to save the error log file, delete the Company Name and Import Error Reason columns, and then upload the error log file.

The import process will match by email address and those people will be added to the list.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Andy,

Many thanks for posting this workaround!

I just tried it and it worked great.

Best regards,

Jack

Anonymous
Not applicable

This happened to us to on a lead that existed in a partition that was not accessible to the workspace we were uploading the lead into. When I changed the lead partition to add that lead to the correct workspace (that is our process when a lead ins't accessible in a workspace) and uploaded again, it worked just fine.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Having this issue as well. I submitted a ticket and we shall see how this is resolved.