Re: What is the sync time for Marketo Fields mapped to SFDC via a smart campaign?

Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the sync time for Marketo Fields mapped to SFDC via a smart campaign?

What is the sync time for Marketo Fields mapped to SFDC via a smart campaign?

Also, Is it possible to map to Marketo System Fields?
Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What is the sync time for Marketo Fields mapped to SFDC via a smart campaign?

Hey Mario,

If you make a change in Mkto, it is supposed to change the record in SFDC right away. Now, that is not always the case, but it shouldn't take more than a minute or two. And you can map to Marketo fields (I'm assuming from SFDC to existing Mkto fields), but that is a little tricky and you would probably need support's help.
Kimi_Heskett1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Agree with Jeff, just need to put in a Marketo support case. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry for answering with questions...

What do you mean by "mapped to SFDC via smart campaign"?

What is the use case for mapping Marketo system fields?  True, remapping requests do go through support, but I'm curious.

Generally, changes on a field on a record will come across to SFDC in the next sync cycle.  After Marketo finishes pushing/pulling all updates, it waits 5 minutes then asks for the changes since the previous batch.  Depending on how many changes & updates are happening in the two systems the amount of time for a single sync cycle can vary. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Additional thought - I dont think you can remap system fields. Still curious on the use case. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Everyone. I opened up a case and will post whether or not remapping to Marketo System Fields can be done.

Graham,

I would like to have a clear mapping to actual Marketo Fields and not the custom fields. Then go back and hide unnecessary fields. Currently our emailable fields are being copied to custom fields, which works, but would rather use the standard fields.

We are trying to get an accurate count of our emailable leads in SFDC and Marketo w/ a 2 way sync. For example Email Suspended, cannot have a 2 way sync. I would like to have a smart campaign update the SFDC Email Suspended dependent upon the Marketo Email Suspended At timestamp. Essentially this would be marking SFDC Email Suspended as True, and then False after the 24hr period.

Does anyone have an idea of how to correctly do this. I am actually rethinking to having the workflow in SFDC and not via a smart campaign in Marketo.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmmmmm. I still don't understand the use case for the "email suspended" field because of its operational nature and the fact that the system controls it for operational reasons. I've seen customers want to show the marketing suspended field in SFDC, which we would use a campaign to push the information to a custom field if necessary.

Are you thinking about the "email suspended" field or the "marketing suspended" field?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Everyone,

Yes, it is possible to  map SFDC fields to Marketo's System Fields with the assistance of Marketo Support. Just open up a case.