SOLVED

Re: What is the purpose/effect of mkt_unsubscribe URL parameter?

Go to solution
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

What is the purpose/effect of mkt_unsubscribe URL parameter?

Dear community,

Does anyone know what is the purpose and effect of the mkt_unsubscribe=1 URL parameter that we need to add to unsubscribe links URLs in emails ?

-Greg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

Hey Greg,

I'm pretty sure that when that parameter is present, we'll exclude clicks from being counted in certain reports. I can run a test, but I'm pretty sure that's what it's for. The mkt_tok parameter is enough to tie the unsubscribe action to the email.

Justin

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

Hey Greg,

I'm pretty sure that when that parameter is present, we'll exclude clicks from being counted in certain reports. I can run a test, but I'm pretty sure that's what it's for. The mkt_tok parameter is enough to tie the unsubscribe action to the email.

Justin

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Justin,

Thanks for the insight, I would love to know the results of the tests

Second question : If we do not use the default unsubscribe setting neither the {{system.unsubscribeLink}} in a email but a URL to a specific page, how should we use the mkt_tok? more precisely, how should we set it's value.

-Greg

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

mkt_tok=##MKT_TOK##

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Sanford,

So exactly like it is in Marketo standard unsubscribe link.

Thanks,

-Greg

Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

You actually don't even need to do that. For example, if you delete the unsubscribe HTML and TEXT from your Marketo Admin page, then you can just insert a normal link in your email that points to your unsubscribe page. All tracked links in emails get mkt_tok appended. So it will do it for you automatically. No need to do anything else.