What is the need for the Sync Lead to SFDC?

Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the need for the Sync Lead to SFDC?

I was under the impression that our Marketo and SFDC databases were integrated. So if that is the case, then what is the need for the "Sync Lead to SFDC" flow step? i noticed that we have used in smart campaigns in the past, but I don't understand why we need that step if our systems are already automated? Can someone shed light on this matter?
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: What is the need for the Sync Lead to SFDC?

When new leads enter Marketo, they are NOT auto synced to SFDC unless you create a workflow to do so.

If a lead already is synced, then Marketo does automatically update the data for that lead.

So if you have a bunch of new leads from a white paper, not all of them are ready for sales, so some firms keep those leads in Marketo only to nurture them. They will then sync those leads when they reach a score threshold or other MQL status.

I usually prefer to sync it all to SFDC and place nurturing leads in a Nurture Queue, but only with a lot of inbound leads.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What is the need for the Sync Lead to SFDC?

I was going to include the "sync lead to SFDC" in a smart campaign wtih a "fills out form" trigger in the smart list. The "Sync Lead to SFDC" was going to be in the flow step. If the lead is already in SFDC, then this sync won't create a dup lead, correct?