What is the math behind calculating Urgency in Sales Insights?

Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the math behind calculating Urgency in Sales Insights?

In setting the range for Flames using a static value range, how do I know what value is associated with a what degree of change in score (Urgency)? Is the numbers I set for range values correlated to the +/- change in the score itself or is there some Marketo math behind calculating a # for Urgency factored around score value change vs time vs relative score of all prospects? I'd like to know how they calculate. Description of calculation isn't very specific on this.

How Urgency and Relative Score are calculated

To calculate the number of stars and flames, first your leads and contacts are sorted by score or score change (for Relative Score and Urgency, respectively).  Then they're divided into tiers -- the top tier receives the most stars or flames, the next receiver fewer, and so on down.

As scores change, urgency, priority, and relative score values are immediately recalculated so that your Best Bets, stars, and flames are always up to date.  The urgency and relative score tiers are automatically calculated every night on Marketo servers.

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: What is the math behind calculating Urgency in Sales Insights?

Matt,

See Admin > Sales Insight. The flames and stars are determined by the relative score changes vs the rest of the database. So 3 flames is in the top 2% of the database. You can adjust these as you wish.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Josh,

Really appreciate your help. And if I use Static Scoring what does the number I input into the range correlate to? If I set a range of 61-100 for 2 flames and 101+ for 3 flames what does that mean in relation to the change in score.

Thanks!
Matt
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Matt - Did you ever figure this out?

Ayan_Talukder
Level 5

Does anyone know the difference between the following? I couldn't find proper documentation on this.

• Urgency
  • Relative Urgency
  • Priority

We have been testing a few campaigns to alert our Sales team when a hot lead might be on their radar. Unfortunately Sales Insight isn't the best option because the team here likes "notifications".

Also does anyone know the scale of 'Urgency'? We assumed 3 = 3 flames but it doesn't. Since it goes by percentage in admin it is a bit confusing how to enter the number in the Smart Filter.

Here is an example:

pastedImage_1.png