SOLVED

Re: What is the definition of the conversion rate in the success path analyzer?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the definition of the conversion rate in the success path analyzer?

I am trying to understand the success path analyzer metrics and the conversion rates just don't seem to make sense to me.

For example, for the month of June, we have an inflow of 90 Target leads and an outflow of 44. The conversion rate says 13%.  The balance went from 351 to 419 total Target leads.  I assume the conversion rate represents how many Target leads were converted to Marketing Qualified (the next stage).  But how do I know the actual number of leads that were converted?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm 99% sure that the conversion rate is the share of the leads in the stage that has continued to the next stage in the success path.

In the below example, the SQL stage conversion rate x the number of leads that entered the SQL stage (the "in flow"), should equal the "in flow" of the Opportunity stage, because that is the next stage in the success path. Because there's only one stage that leads in SQL can move to, the "out flow" of SQL should almost equal the "in flow" of Opportunity.

I write almost, because leads can sometimes jump from one stage to another, if you change the revenue stage in a smart campaign flow step, instead of letting the revenue cycle model do its job.

Calculation example: "In flow" of SQL stage is 900 leads. Conversion rate i 25%. Both "Out flow" of SQL as well as "In flow" of Opportunity should then (approximately) equal 25% * 900 leads = 225 leads.

The same thing goes for the Opportunity stage, where leads can move both to Lost and Won. "Out flow" will be the sum of the leads that have moved to those two stages, while conversion rate will only tell us how many leads, who have moved the next stage in the success path - and in the below example that would be the Won stage:

pastedImage_1.png

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Anne Merkert​ This should help you: Using the Success Path Analyzer - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

Also, I noticed you have two accounts with us -- can you add the word "Primary" next to your title for your main account, so we know where to reach you if need to contact you. You can look at my profile to see an example Scott K. Wilder

Natali_Talevski
Level 4

Hi Scott,

The article you linked doesn't actually say how the conversions are calculated. Is this calculation available anywhere? I'm also looking to find out how the analyser comes to that percentage?

Thanks

Natali

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Scott - Can you expand on Natali's question? I have the same one. A second part of that question is, if the conv rate % is "n/a", but there are leads in the outflow, does this mean that possibly those leads that left that stage did NOT enter the next success path stage, but maybe took a detour and went that route? Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Look for some documentation here. What's the cohort for conversion #s?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm 99% sure that the conversion rate is the share of the leads in the stage that has continued to the next stage in the success path.

In the below example, the SQL stage conversion rate x the number of leads that entered the SQL stage (the "in flow"), should equal the "in flow" of the Opportunity stage, because that is the next stage in the success path. Because there's only one stage that leads in SQL can move to, the "out flow" of SQL should almost equal the "in flow" of Opportunity.

I write almost, because leads can sometimes jump from one stage to another, if you change the revenue stage in a smart campaign flow step, instead of letting the revenue cycle model do its job.

Calculation example: "In flow" of SQL stage is 900 leads. Conversion rate i 25%. Both "Out flow" of SQL as well as "In flow" of Opportunity should then (approximately) equal 25% * 900 leads = 225 leads.

The same thing goes for the Opportunity stage, where leads can move both to Lost and Won. "Out flow" will be the sum of the leads that have moved to those two stages, while conversion rate will only tell us how many leads, who have moved the next stage in the success path - and in the below example that would be the Won stage:

pastedImage_1.png

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

That's generally true. If you want, do a Stage/To Stage in the Row of RCE to see where leads actually go to.

There was, a long time ago, the actual calculation, however it is gone now. I think it was similar to what Thomas posted.