SOLVED

What is the best way to manage SDR outbound email campaigns in SFDC?

Go to solution
Scott_Daily
Level 3

What is the best way to manage SDR outbound email campaigns in SFDC?

My team is new to Marketo and still pretty green to syncing marketing campaigns to SFDC. Our switch to Marketo is the first time we've be able to do this.

One of the campaigns we're working through now is how to best organize sourced outbound prospects for SDRs so they can actively monitor opens/clicks and follow-up accordingly. They're sending at high volume, so it's not easy or organized enough to monitor purely from the Sales Insight tab in SFDC, but a custom lead view in SFDC doesn't pull in opens and clicks.

This is what we're thinking about as of now...
-Add weekly leads to a campaign in SFDC (all 8 SDRs' leads will be in the same campaign)
-Create a program in Marketo that progresses Campaign Status (Delivered, Opened, Clicked) in SFDC based on taking those actions and being a member of that specific SFDC campaign
-SDRs create a custom lead view, send using Sales Insight and use Campaign Status to monitor their leads' intereactions with the emails they've sent
-Make sure Interesting Moments are pulling in the specifics (what email did they open?) 
-Use Campaign reporting to show how many leads we made contact with, converted and opportunities generated

The logic of it seems like too much of a work-around, but I'm not sure how else we can ensure the SDRs have the reporting and visibility they need. Has anyone else solved this for their team in a different way? We're building process now, so open to change and want to make sure it will make sense long-term.

Thanks!
Scott
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: What is the best way to manage SDR outbound email campaigns in SFDC?

I like these two or a combination thereof
-Create a program in Marketo that progresses Campaign Status (Delivered, Opened, Clicked) in SFDC based on taking those actions and being a member of that specific SFDC campaign
-SDRs create a custom lead view, send using Sales Insight and use Campaign Status to monitor their leads' intereactions with the emails they've sent

So are you saying your SDRs are selecting leads and running various MSI based emails to those leads? Any particular reason they are doing this and you aren't? If it is high volume, then it sounds like marketing should do most of this and use the Lead Owner token to send on behalf.

Either way you have to manage and track it with Programs and Campaign Statuses.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I like these two or a combination thereof

So are you saying your SDRs are selecting leads and running various MSI based emails to those leads? Any particular reason they are doing this and you aren't? If it is high volume, then it sounds like marketing should do most of this and use the Lead Owner token to send on behalf.

Either way you have to manage and track it with Programs and Campaign Statuses.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Scott Daily​ - I know this post is very old, but I'd love to hear any updates and lessons learned on how you implemented your SDR program activities & reporting across Marketo + SFDC.

Did you end up putting another tool in the hands of the SDRs to have more control?

Thanks!