What is the best way to localize the unsubscribe text in an email template?

Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the best way to localize the unsubscribe text in an email template?

We are creating localized email templates and are trying to come up with the best way to handle global template settings that impact all emails.  What are some ways you have handled the global text (i.e. unsubscribe text, view as web page) for local languages?

3 REPLIES 3
Alex_Stanton1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Re: What is the best way to localize the unsubscribe text in an email template?

Hi Joanna,

I have not had to solve this issue before, but I would look into using segmentation and snippets for this purpose - here is an article that explains how to go about it: Make Your Unsubscribe Message Dynamic for Languages - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Alex,

Yes, I was thinking that too, but it doesn't seem that you can use segmentation/snippets in the Email area of the Admin section.  I assume if you took it out of this section and had it housed within the template itself, you would lose the operational toggle ability, which is not ideal.  Curious to see how others have addressed this.

Justin_Norris1
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Joanna Kwong​, I have not had to tackle this challenge but a few other ideas you could play with in addition to segmentation/snippets:

• Have an operational Smart Campaign to write the desired unsubscribe message to a lead field based on the region/language of the lead. Benefit is I believe you could use this lead token in the admin area to preserve "operational" functionality.

• Use my.tokens to contain the unsubscribe messages and have a global folder hierarchy with language/region/etc. at the top of the hierarchy. This makes it super easy to change but would not solve the operational issue you noted.