What is the Activity Type in API for Engagement Program Cast?

Denise_Greenb12
Level 7

What is the Activity Type in API for Engagement Program Cast?

Hi There -

Can someone tell me the name of the activity type in the API for Engagement Program Cast? I assume this would be the same name you could use to search for that activity in the activity log but if not, I'd be interested to know that name too. Here's an example:

pastedImage_0.png

Denise

Tags (2)
7 REPLIES 7
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: What is the Activity Type in API for Engagement Program Cast?

Isn't it logged as a Send Email tied to the Program?

Denise_Greenb12
Level 7

No, Send Email is a separate activity in the log. And the reason I care is that the Engagement Program Cast has super useful information in the details that isn't present in the Send Email. I can ask Marketo Support but I figured someone like you or Greg or Dan would be better sources.

pastedImage_0.png

SanfordWhiteman

There's no exposed Activity Type ID for the cast as separate from the send.

You would have to triangulate this (roughly) by aggregating their last stream ID change (which is a separate event) with the send.

Liz_Medeiros1
Level 3

Hi Denise,

It is the activities_send_email, this includes emails in nurture programs, email blast, etc. For Sales Insight emails use activities_send_sales_email.

Denise_Greenb12
Level 7

Hi Liz,

Thank you.

I should clarify that it's not me that's actually using the API. I'm asking on behalf of the person who is pulling this data into an analytics tool for me. With that in mind, how would you get specifically to the Engagement Program Cast activity as opposed to the other activities that fall under activities_send_email so as to get to the details I mentioned above?

Denise

SanfordWhiteman

Those aren't REST API activity types, Liz.

nstephan
Level 1

Has anyone else figured out how to do this?  We use Rest API and are asked to report on activity "by stream".  The only way we have found where we can get stream information is through Program Membership, but this doesn't help us organize content (email assets etc.) The screenshot shown from Marketo UI for "Engagement Program Cast" seems to provide the content id and type (email etc.) as well as the stream.  Is this accessible through the Activities rest API? I don't see it listed in the Activity Types, only 'change nurture cadence' and 'change track'.