SOLVED

Re: What is he best way to pre-populate the email address in unsubscribe page?

Go to solution
Sant_Singh_Rath
Level 7

What is he best way to pre-populate the email address in unsubscribe page?

Hi All,

I am trying to figure out the best way to pre-populate the email address in the unsubscribe page. So basically, in our unsubscribe page, we want to show the email address to the person who clicked on link but they should not be able to edit the email address. 

I used default value (email address token) for the email address field but default value will get the data from stored cookie and it might differ in some cases.

Is there any way, we can get the email address picked from email?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Sant

Best regards,
Sant Singh Rathaur
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Enable Pre-Fill for the field, as with any field.

If the field isn't on the form, use a token.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
Jennifer_Donahu
Level 2

I think you achieve this by blocking field updates in admin on the email address field.  I haven't tried it but I anticipate it would work. 

SanfordWhiteman

Nope, blocking field updates isn't related to the need here. That doesn't have anything to do with the way the field value or form field is displayed on an LP.

What Sant wants is either static HTML text or a read-only form <input> w/the Email Address value linked to the lead that clicked a Marketo-tracked link (which is not necessarily the Email Address of the lead associated with the current Munchkin session).

Unfortunately -- perhaps surprisingly -- this would take some tricky JS to accomplish because of the possible disparity between the associated lead and currently-visiting lead.

Jignesh_Bhate
Level 2

Hi Sanford

I have some doubts on the unsubscribe functionality - please help

• I don't see the HTML code which says something like this 'This email was sent to ji***b*h@g**il.com (I suppose this is picked up from {{lead.Email Address}} - please correct if I am wrong). So, where does this code gets picked up from and then made available in the email that gets delivered to the user?
  • Where do you see the code for the default unsubscribe page? How to override it?
  • If the above is available in HTML format, would it not be possible to pick up the email address from the HTML DOM and pre-populate it. I had seen several marketing emails which has this field pre-populated on the unsubscribe page. The default unsubscribe page template in Marketo asks the user to fill the email address in the field and then unsubscribe.

I am new to Marketo and getting to learn. Please pardon my ignorance.

Thanks,

Jignesh

SanfordWhiteman

Can you open a new Question in Products for this, please?

Jignesh_Bhate
Level 2

Sure. Will do it! 

Apologies Sanford Whiteman‌ and Sant Singh Rathaur‌ for barging into your thread.

Sant_Singh_Rath
Level 7

Never mind!

Best regards,
Sant Singh Rathaur
Sant_Singh_Rath
Level 7

Hi Jignesh Bhate, This has to be defined in the email setting under admin section then you will see the code.

Screen Shot 2019-05-13 at 10.25.26 am.png

Best regards,
Sant Singh Rathaur
Joe_Barrett
Level 2

Is there an actual tutorial/documentation on how to set this up?

SanfordWhiteman

What exactly are you trying to do? There’s nothing too technical in this thread, just a couple of different ways to put a hidden Email field (or no Email field) on the form.