What if no A/B test declare no winner (equal results for both emails)

Anonymous
Not applicable

What if no A/B test declare no winner (equal results for both emails)

Hi, I'm running an A/B test in an Email program. The winner will be declared based on the number of clicks. So far both tested emails show the same number of clicks. The program will automatically send to the winner in the end, but in case the results remain 50/50, how will Marketo pick an email to be sent?

3 REPLIES 3
John_Clark1
Level 10

Re: What if no A/B test declare no winner (equal results for both emails)

Hi Cristina,

The program will also take into account the number of emails that were actually delivered and opened, so there is more to the equation than clicks alone.  I've actually had cases where one email got more clicks, but the other had a higher click ratio when Delivered and Opened were taken into account.

I don't think I've ever seen an exact tie, but I suppose it's technically possible.  Let me do some more research on what would happen, and I'll let you know.

John

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

From some experience that I've had where I felt like results were equal, email A (the original email) was sent as the winner. It makes sense that more goes into the calculations of which the actual winner is, but I think it defaults to the original email.

John_Clark1
Level 10

Hi Dory,

I think you're right.  I've spoken to some of my co-workers and they had the same thought.  The logic makes sense in a computer mind's logic sort of way.

John