Re: What happens if I logout before a single flow action against 100K+ leads is complete?

Anonymous
Not applicable

What happens if I logout before a single flow action against 100K+ leads is complete?

I just ran a single flow action to change a data field for over 100K leads. If I logout before the flow action finishes, will the action still be carried out?
Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What happens if I logout before a single flow action against 100K+ leads is complete?

I can't speak to logging out but can say that I ran a marketing suspsended data change on 200k leads and had to run it 3 times to complete the entire change. It was as if when the session timed out it stopped updating. Not sure what the deal was but I eventually got them all changed. Still worked better than most other bulk update tools I have used in the past. - Jeff
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Jeff,

How do you go about suspending marketing for a particular list of users?

I have data I imported to a list I called blacklist. However I don't see any method by which to actually blacklist them or block them from getting marketing.

Which leaves me putting a is not on list filter on my sends.

Thanks for the help!

Anonymous
Not applicable

You would use a change data value (marketing suspended = true)  in a workflow for members of a list..  Or you can bulk modify the existing leads using a data value change after selecting them all. There was another recent post today that I showed the steps for bulk data change. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Richard,

I can help answer that I think. If all the leads you want to blacklist are in a single list, all you need to do is click on the Leads tab at the top, then click on Select All at the top right, and then click on Lead Actions > Marketing > Change Data Value. When that window comes up, enter "Black Listed" as the attribute and select True, then click "Run Now."  When the flow is finished running, all of the leads in your list will be blacklisted.

You can also use the same method but select "Marketing Suspended" or "Unsubscribed" as the attribute and run it that way.

Hope that helps!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cori: The answer to your question is yes, once you have ran a single flow action, it will still process and complete while logged out.

I just tested this by logging out during a Change Data Value Flow action, while it was at the Queued stage. Logging back in a couple minutes later showed that the request had been applied for all leads (granted it was only a small sample, but I see no reason why the number of leads should affect this).
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes this does work on a small sample set but it does seem to glitch on large batch changes... just a warning.