SOLVED

What happens and does not happen when you rename historic programs?

Go to solution
Nate_Oosterhous
Level 7

Question:

Background:

I am going through renaming old programs to abide by our new naming structure, however, I just noticed when I now run an email performance report on the old programs emails the emails still have the old program name.  This has me worried.  Doesn't his complicate things??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: What happens and does not happen when you rename historic programs?

Naming is supposed to be instant and non-impactful across the instance. It's only a variable. The ID# in the URL is the real asset id and Marketo sees the Name as a pointer variable.

Perhaps your report did not refresh?

Now, I have been somewhat careful with our instance on renaming old and important programs even though I know there should be ZERO impact.

I have seen issues with MOVING large numbers of programs at once. The move just fails, no breaking. But moving folders and programs could break your inherited tokens.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13

Naming is supposed to be instant and non-impactful across the instance. It's only a variable. The ID# in the URL is the real asset id and Marketo sees the Name as a pointer variable.

Perhaps your report did not refresh?

Now, I have been somewhat careful with our instance on renaming old and important programs even though I know there should be ZERO impact.

I have seen issues with MOVING large numbers of programs at once. The move just fails, no breaking. But moving folders and programs could break your inherited tokens.

Josh_Hill13

And unless it's needed, I rarely do a mass re-name on older programs.

Nate_Oosterhous
Level 7

Hi Josh,

That was it.  My report wasn't refreshing for whatever reason.  It had me worried of a minute!  Thanks!