SOLVED

What does filter (L) signify?

Go to solution
Adam_Horowitz
Level 2

What does filter (L) signify?

Hi all,

Is there a difference between a filter that has an (L) appended to it? If so, what does is signify and how do I know if I should/shouldn't use it? My Salesforce admin said there isn't a syntax for it in our instance.

Thank you,

Adam

(L).png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Andy_Varshneya1
Level 9

Re: What does filter (L) signify?

Could you please mark my reply as Correct so that we can mark this question as answered?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Andy_Varshneya1
Level 9

Hi Adam,

The "(L)" signifies that it is mapped only to the Lead object in SFDC. If you go to Admin > Field Management and then search for "Email Invalid", you'll see two of them in the list - "Email Invalid" and "Email Invalid (L)". "Email Invalid" will likely be mapped to the SFDC Contact object while the "Email Invalid (L)" will be mapped to the SFDC Lead Object.

You can have them merged together so that "Email Invalid" works for leads and contacts, but you'll need to first remove any references to "Email Invalid (L)" anywhere in your Marketing Activities or Design Studio, and then contact support to have them be merged together.

I would also work with your SFDC admin to ensure that "Email Invalid" maps from the Lead Object to the Contact Object at the time of lead conversion.

Adam_Horowitz
Level 2

Super helpful, @Andy. And thank you for such a quick response.

All my best,

Adam

Andy_Varshneya1
Level 9

Could you please mark my reply as Correct so that we can mark this question as answered?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Andy,

In addition, please note that Marketo will only append (L), (C) and (A) when multiple fields have the same label. So when you have a (L) field, it usually means that there is another fields with the same label that was created.

-Greg