SOLVED

What do you use to gather Leads at Trade Shows/Conferences

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

What do you use to gather Leads at Trade Shows/Conferences

Hello:

What does everyone use to collect leads when they attend Trade Shows/Conferences/Conventions?  Fishbowl? SnapAp? At Event?  The Trade Shows we attend are on the smaller side so we are not looking to spend a whole lot but would like somthing that integrates with Marketo and SalesForce.  

Would love to know what works for everyone.

thanks

Erin
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What do you use to gather Leads at Trade Shows/Conferences

Hey Erin,

Yes, all of what you suggest is possible to do with a bit of customization:

1. You can use the Create Task flowstep in a Smart Campaign for assigning a follow up task, but you'd first need a way of assigning the leads to the appropriate rep. My sales team is organized by geographic region, so on my forms, I had to make sure I was asking the lead's state as a required field. Without it, the lead would go unassigned. Then, as long as you also have assignment rules either in Marketo or Salesforce picking up on that state field change and assigning the lead accordingly, you can assign a task to the owner for follow up. Alternatively, if all the leads at a given show should go to one particular rep, you could just build some overrides that force assignment when the form is filled out to that particular rep. Again, all depends on your setup.

2. I accomplished the need for notes by creating a custom text entry field called "tradeshow notes". To make that info more front and center, it might be possible to pull in that information as a token into the task you assign to the rep too. I have never tried it, but I imagine it's possible.

Let me know how it goes, and happy to help!

-Jeff

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you're not looking to invest in another 3rd party software solution, know that it is possible to rig a Marketo form to do lead capturing for you (so long as you have ipads or kiosks or something for your sales reps/leads fill out forms). You just need to make sure your landing page has all its tracking features disabled (so the form can be submitted over and over on the same machine without it thinking you're the same lead. Two things you must do on your lead retrieval page(s) for this to work:

1. Remove Munchkin code from lead retrieval page

2. Set up Marketo Form Proxy to allow forms to be submitted without any tracking info (also useful for ...

This method obviously isn't quite as elegant as a badge scanner, but it's totally workable and functions nicely with event autoresponders and follow up efforts.

Hope this helps!

Anonymous
Not applicable

That is an awesome idea!  Thank you so much for suggesting it and also providing links, this is a big help.

Thanks!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Quick follow up question for you.  We usually have to enter our leads manually and we like to also create a task in SF for the sales person to follow up on.  Would this be possible using the Marketo form?  The sales team would also need a place to enter notes into so they can better follow up with the leads.  Any suggestions?

Thanks again, this is an excellent idea.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Erin,

Yes, all of what you suggest is possible to do with a bit of customization:

1. You can use the Create Task flowstep in a Smart Campaign for assigning a follow up task, but you'd first need a way of assigning the leads to the appropriate rep. My sales team is organized by geographic region, so on my forms, I had to make sure I was asking the lead's state as a required field. Without it, the lead would go unassigned. Then, as long as you also have assignment rules either in Marketo or Salesforce picking up on that state field change and assigning the lead accordingly, you can assign a task to the owner for follow up. Alternatively, if all the leads at a given show should go to one particular rep, you could just build some overrides that force assignment when the form is filled out to that particular rep. Again, all depends on your setup.

2. I accomplished the need for notes by creating a custom text entry field called "tradeshow notes". To make that info more front and center, it might be possible to pull in that information as a token into the task you assign to the rep too. I have never tried it, but I imagine it's possible.

Let me know how it goes, and happy to help!

-Jeff

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jeff!  Thank you thank you thank you!  I am so grateful for your help on this.  I will for sure let you know how it goes!  Hope to have something created in the upcoming weeks!!!!