SOLVED

Re: What do you consider to be an inactive lead?

Go to solution
Katie_Buck
Level 2

What do you consider to be an inactive lead?

Hi there

I'm in the process of nutting out the rules for a data cleanse, and as part of this I will be removing inactive leads from our database. I was keen to get some insight into what your businesses define as an inactive lead. e.g. someone who hasn't opened an email from us in 3 years.

Does anyone know the email best practice for this?

Thanks,

Katie 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Saurabh_Tyagi1
Level 2

Hi @Katie_Buck - I would consider any lead who have not shown any activity for a certain past duration. Can take for example, no activity for past 6 months. There're certain activities which Marketo tracks and are the following -

• Opened Email
  • Clicked Email
  • Filled Out Form
  • Visited Webpage
  • Clicked Link in Email

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Saurabh_Tyagi1
Level 2

Hi @Katie_Buck - I would consider any lead who have not shown any activity for a certain past duration. Can take for example, no activity for past 6 months. There're certain activities which Marketo tracks and are the following -

• Opened Email
  • Clicked Email
  • Filled Out Form
  • Visited Webpage
  • Clicked Link in Email
Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

I would add some program success statuses, especially for attending an event or webinar. In some setups Sales users can add a person to an event as registered, so that would not automatically link to an activity registered in Marketo. Also, I would think twice about whether you want to include Opened Email in a list like this. As some email clients automatically download the images and generate an Email Open for Marketo, that is not really a reliable indicator of human interaction.

As a final additional thought, also consider how this relate to your CRM and any activities logged there. It is good practice to align these database cleanup activities between the two.