What did you use before Marketo?

Highlighted
Level 2

What did you use before Marketo?

Just for fun, what single marketing automation or ESP did you use before graduating to Marketo? Pardot for us.

26 REPLIES 26
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: What did you use before Marketo?

Started off on Marketo, but have also worked with Hubspot, Pardot, Infusionsoft, SharpSpring and Act-On. Looking back, Pardot was probably worst value for money, while SharpSpring was pretty good value for money.

Highlighted
Level 2

Interesting, I've never used Infusionsoft but heard recently they could have as many as 35K companies using their product. Active Campaign was a pretty good value for the money... I used it AFTER Marketo when shifting startup phases $$$$ > $.

Highlighted
Level 5 - Champion

Microsoft Click Dimensions.

Highlighted

Hi Brooke,

would you mind sharing your thoughts on Click Dimensions vs Marketo (especially in MSD CRM environment)? I did read some reviews online, but additional insights are always valuable. Thanks! Matjaž

Highlighted
Level 4 - Champion Alumni

IBM Campaign Automation (formally Silverpop)

Highlighted

I started with using MailChimp & Constant Contact for freelance clients, but I used Salesforce Marketing Cloud for 5 years before moving into the world of marketing automation with Marketo.

Highlighted

Mailchimp and Hubspot very briefly. Also used Hubspot again, for one of my clients 2 years into using Marketo exclusively and didn't enjoy it at all.

Highlighted
Level 2

Most recently, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Real Magnet, Informz. Prior to that, Salesfusion, Swiftpage (the stuff of nightmares!), VerticalResponse, Constant Contact, and MailChimp.

Highlighted
Level 7 - Champion

Aprimo!