Re: What causes smart program syncing to SFDC to create duplicate lead?

Anonymous
Not applicable

What causes smart program syncing to SFDC to create duplicate lead?

In one of my programs where I am syncing a lead to an SFDC queue, I'm seeing many instances of "Skipped created a duplicate lead xxx and assigned it to Queue".  What causes this and how I can prevent this from happening? This ends up causing extra work of cleaning duplicate leads in SFDC.

5 REPLIES 5
Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Sonnia,

When you are syncing to SFDC, use the "Auto-Assignment Rules" option. This will update the existing lead instead of creating a new one. Assigning to a queue will create a new lead in SFDC.

Anonymous
Not applicable

We are bypassing auto-assignment rules on purpose and are using Marketo to make the assignment.  Is auto-assignment the only option here?

Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Well it's not the only option, if you also indicate who the owner is (ex. John Smith), it will assign to them and a duplicate lead will not be created. It is when you assign to a queue that a new lead is created.

Loren_Posendek
Level 4 - Champion Alumni

We've also seen this happen recently, but only when trying to sync 'Contacts' to a specific queue. The queue is setup for leads only, but odd that if a Contact qualifies it's creating a duplicate rather than bypassing.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Loren,

This is a well known effect. assigning a contact to a queue in a sync to SFDC flow step will create a new lead.

The other cases indicated above will NOT create a duplicate, only reassign the lead or the contact.

-Greg