What are the major differences between General Marketing & Nurturing content?

Anonymous
Not applicable

What are the major differences between General Marketing & Nurturing content?

Such a simple question, and one that thought would be found all over this forum. What are the major differences between General Marketing & Nurturing content? (re: emails, calls to action, etc). 

It's pretty clear how the emails & calls will be voiced, but what kinds of action items are best practice as you lead contacts through a general nurturing campaign? Probably best to stay clear from selling the product too early?

Thanks for your thoughts,
Cary
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What are the major differences between General Marketing & Nurturing content?

It depends on your audience and how you want to lead them through the process. I'd check out Marketo's Guide as well as Eric Hollebone's system: test.hollebone.ca for ideas. There is also a great Advanced Nurturing presentation from May.

Here are things to consider:
1. will this be a drip or a truly dynamic process?
2. I usually like to soft pedal things early and then ratchet up the sales talk depending on actions people take. So offer
-general content related to their initial entry point or interest
-if they start to click or take offers, move them to items focused on your solution area, then solution set. 
-if someone rapidly takes in content, then maybe switch them to a selling track as a final step before Sales.m
-if someone gets stuck in the soft content, find a way to accelerate them to get interested in YOU.
-CTAs can vary widely. Make people click to view videos, webinars, testimonials, blog posts, or ebooks, etc. You can have them Click through or fill out another form for really high value stuff.

3. Map out the buying process you have. 
4. Map out your audience's buying process, then try to match the content stream to that process.
5. Get buyer personas established.

*not necessarily in that order.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What are the major differences between General Marketing & Nurturing content?

Josh, many thanks for your thorough response. I'll take your notes into consideration and will find the Advanced Nurturing presentation that you mentioned. 

Thanks again,
Cary