Re: What are some best practices on when sales convert MQL to nurturing, when should it become MQL again?

Anonymous
Not applicable

What are some best practices on when sales convert MQL to nurturing, when should it become MQL again? 

I was wondering what are some best practices people are doing to leads that have graduated from nurture program to MQL, sales qualified them and put them back into nurture again.

Thanks!

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What are some best practices on when sales convert MQL to nurturing, when should it become MQL again?

Hi Kim,

We typically use the same measurement that is used in MQL to re-qualify leads. For example, if your MQL criteria is for a lead to reach over 100 point lead score then we would recommend the Re-Qualified be the same. You would just need to make sure that when Sales puts them into the Nurture or Recycled status that Marketo is putting their behavior score back to zero so they can then bubble back up to the scoring threshold.

Let me know if that helps!

Thanks!

Beth

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Beth!

Yup, operationally, that's what I am currently doing.

In terms of content, Should I create another nurture stream? I would hope that when a lead become MQL, they should have a good idea of who we are, what we do and how we can help them and who uses us. 

Should I still hit them weekly or should I only do it bi-monthly or once a month? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

What I typically recommend here is to have an option for the sales person to give a reason why the lead is being recycled or sent back to nurture. Then setup a nurture campaign around those reasons. For example, if the lead is holding back because of budget you could send some messaging around why they would save money with your solution.

Also, I tend to stick with a bi-weekly cadence. I would start there and gage how your nurture is performing then decide if you need to reach out to them more or less.