SOLVED

What Happens to Lead Record When You Delete a Smart Campaign with that Lead as a Result?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

What Happens to Lead Record When You Delete a Smart Campaign with that Lead as a Result?

What happens when a Smart Campaign with Results is deleted?

For example, let's assume that the Smart Campaign changed a data value on the Lead Record.

1. Is the entry in the Activity Log for that Lead deleted?
  2. How is the Activity Log affected?
  3. Are there any implications for the data on the Lead itself?
  4. Is the Lead archived in Marketo in any way?

When I tested this myself, I noticed strange behavior that I was not expecting. The entry in the Activity Log for Leads that ended up in the Results of the Smart Campaign remained, which I see as a good thing. However, the links to the "Campaign Name" were no longer hyperlinked for any of the Activity Log entries. This would have made sense for just the Smart Campaign that was deleted, but instead it affected all Activty Log entries. Meaning that I could no longer use the hyperlink to access the Campaign for any of the other log entries.

Some of the confusion might be around my lack of understanding of the Marketo database architecture. I'm not sure when I am deleting an actual record or metadata. Is there any good resource that someone can provide that would help educate me on this point?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Alok_Ramsisaria
Level 10

Re: What Happens to Lead Record When You Delete a Smart Campaign with that Lead as a Result?

Rob Crossley

See inline...

No. I believe you discovered this yourself as well. Nothing would be deleted from the activity log.

Like you mentioned, the link of the smart campaign which logged all the edits will not be functional. You won't be able to click on it and check it. However, it should not impact other campaigns in the activity log. If you see this in your instance, log a case with Support.

No. If the lead has run through the campaign, it has already been updated. Deleting the smart campaign will not undo anything. If there was a wait step in the flow and lead was in the wait period, nothing would happen after the wait is over since the campaign does not exist now.

No. Leads can not be archived in Marketo.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Alok_Ramsisaria
Level 10

Re: What Happens to Lead Record When You Delete a Smart Campaign with that Lead as a Result?

Rob Crossley

See inline...

No. I believe you discovered this yourself as well. Nothing would be deleted from the activity log.

Like you mentioned, the link of the smart campaign which logged all the edits will not be functional. You won't be able to click on it and check it. However, it should not impact other campaigns in the activity log. If you see this in your instance, log a case with Support.

No. If the lead has run through the campaign, it has already been updated. Deleting the smart campaign will not undo anything. If there was a wait step in the flow and lead was in the wait period, nothing would happen after the wait is over since the campaign does not exist now.

No. Leads can not be archived in Marketo.