SOLVED

What Are the "other" device types in the email insights dashboard?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

What Are the "other" device types in the email insights dashboard?

Does anyone know which devices account for "other" in the email insights dashboard? The seem to account for the vast majority of my opens and I can't figure out what wouldn't fall within Desktop, Mobile, or tablet devices.

Thank you!

Screen Shot 2017-08-18 at 11.10.32 AM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BenjaminJacquet
Level 3

Re: What Are the "other" device types in the email insights dashboard?

"Others" might include webmails as it not clearly represented in any other category (though that's just a guess of mine)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Rebecca,

Please move this discussion to Products​ to receive a more prompt response. About Community​ is meant for discussions about this Community portal itself.

As far as I know, Other is defined as Marketo not being able to confidently determine which device was used.

More info: Email Insights FAQ - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

Why do many metrics show zero when I filter by Device Type or Device OS?

With the exception of Click-to-Open-Rate, Opens, Clicks, and Unsubscribes, all other supported metrics are either delivery events or ratios derived from delivery events. Since Device Type and Device OS only apply to Engagement metrics, we simply do not have the information to display. For example, it's an undefined query to ask for the Delivery Rate when filtered by Device Type = mobile, since Marketo would not have received any Engagement metrics for either the underlying Delivery and Sent events. We are exploring ways to apply the Device Type and Device OS from Engagement metrics for ratios comprised both of Engagement and Delivery metrics.

BenjaminJacquet
Level 3

"Others" might include webmails as it not clearly represented in any other category (though that's just a guess of mine)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Makes perfect sense, thank you Benjamin!