Re: Welcome Email for New Opt-Ins

Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome Email for New Opt-Ins

I'm looking for advice. We need to figure out how to write a flow that says when a new opt-in to a specific smart list comes into the database, they automatically get an email. Does anyone have experience with this? Thanks!

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

Would they be opted in via a form with a check-box?

If so, your Smart Campaign could look like:

SMART LIST:

Data Value Changes

Value is "Cat Feeders"

New Value is "TRUE"

FLOW:

Send Email

Email is "Welcome to the Cat Feeders List"

Alex_Stanton1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Hi Amanda,

Could you give a few more details about the scenario? I can think of a couple of ways, with a batch campaign or a triggered one, like Jennifer described.

Scott_Daily
Level 3

We use a similar approach to Jennifer - trigger via a data value change, then a flow step send a welcome email. We also have an additional smart campaign that unsubscribes someone if their email bounces. This has helped us keep data clean and keep bad data from getting added to our subscriber list on the front end.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Scott,

How did you set up the trigger in your smart campaign that unsubscribes someone if their emails bounces?

I have a welcome series with a form fill that allows people to put bogus criteria in for email validation (we are fixing it) and our hard bounces are through the roof right now.

Thanks,

Greg

Scott_Daily
Level 3

Hey Greg,

I use the trigger "Email Bounces" in the Smart List, then a Flow step of unchecking our Subscriber field. You can use this trigger with any additional filters needed, then put whatever is necessary in your Flow step to make sure they are unsubscribed.

Hope that helps!

Scott