SOLVED

Re: Weekly nurturing per day of the week?

Go to solution
Scott_Burger1
Level 2

Weekly nurturing per day of the week?

I've given up on Marketo support, so I am asking the community.

Is it possible to set up a Nurturing Program such that new members receive an email on the first day after they are added to the Program and then receive subsequent emails weekly on that same day of that week for x weeks? I presume that I need an unique Stream for each day of the week, but how do I assign a member to the proper Stream?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Scott,

1st thing, yes, you need a stream per day in the week, 7 streams (Monday to sunday).

Now, with regards to the assignment to stream, I would just set up 7 batch campaigns, one for each day.

The first one would be scheduled to run on Mondays at 00:01 and would look at people who qualified the day before and would add the lead to the Monday stream

pastedImage_0.png

The second one would be scheduled to run on Tuesdays at 00:01 and add the leads to the Tuesday stream

etc...

-Greg

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Scott,

1st thing, yes, you need a stream per day in the week, 7 streams (Monday to sunday).

Now, with regards to the assignment to stream, I would just set up 7 batch campaigns, one for each day.

The first one would be scheduled to run on Mondays at 00:01 and would look at people who qualified the day before and would add the lead to the Monday stream

pastedImage_0.png

The second one would be scheduled to run on Tuesdays at 00:01 and add the leads to the Tuesday stream

etc...

-Greg

John_Clark1
Level 10

The only problem I can see here, is that as soon as a lead is added to an Engagement Program they get added to the first stream.  If a lead was to get added to the program on Monday after the Monday campaign had run (assuming Monday is your first stream), then they'll receive the Monday email, and get moved to the Tuesday stream the next day.

You're assignment campaigns would have to be looking for some other activity, or you'd need to add your leads to some other program first.

John

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi John,

You are right, which is why I wrote "qualifies the day before" and not "added to the program". I should have been more explicit

An alternative would be have a first stream with no content, in which all leads added to program would be placed, waiting for the daily campaigns to run.

-Greg

Scott_Burger1
Level 2

I get it.

Thanks for your help.