Website Analytics

Anonymous
Not applicable

Website Analytics

Hello,

Is there a way to track the number of total visits to our website? Is there a way to track how many of those visits were from new vistors or unique?

Thanks,
Andrew
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Website Analytics

While there are ways to pull reports like this from Munchkin, most customers use a web analytics tool alongside Marketo for the aggregate website stats. Are you using Google Analytics at all?
Anonymous
Not applicable

We are working with a third party firm to help us with Google Analytics. They set up a new profile for us at the end of July and my team received our first performance report for the month of August. Some of the metrics we received are total visits, new visitors, unique visitors, number of page views and bounce rate. I want to know if there's a way I can check their numbers against the numbers within Marketo (if possible).

How can I do this from Munchkin? Is there a better way to work around this?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately checking the numbers against eachother probably isn't going to tell you much.

You can do things like run a Smart List with a date constraint and a specific page and see how many of each sort of visitor you got, but because they are different scripts and things are counted differently the numbers basically never match exactly.

When you say better workaround, what's the business goal? GA has some great aggregate metrics, while Munchkin is more single-lead based. With some lists you can get to things that are similar, but usually I use both tools but answer different questi with each.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know too much about Google Analytics, but we're looking to create benchmarks and be able to report on trends month over month. I thought there may be a way, whether if it's the web page activity report or creating smart lists, to compare the results we received in August with something in Marketo as a back up check. I know we can report on specific Marketo pages, but I wasn't sure if Marketo was able to function in ways similar to GA.

We've also had Marketo for quite some time and the team feels more confident in the data coming from the system as we always had someone who managed it. This was not always the case with Google Analytics and that is why they created a new profile for us.
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, I see. Beyond the web activity report, which is close (but not the same), I'm not sure what your other good options are.

Maybe run the web activity report and compare the per page counts in Marketo to the ones in GA, until you start to feel comfortable with GA.