Re: Webinars - Will WebEx and GoToWebinar sync members who registered via a Marketo LP and the event center site?

David_Gallaghe2
Level 5

Webinars - Will WebEx and GoToWebinar sync members who registered via a Marketo LP and the event center site?

Here is my use case - we use a third party webiniar provider to drive attendance. The service set's up a reg form in GoToWebinar and pushes people to that page. I have received tentative permission to access his GTW account (for launchpoint integration) to tie that webinar to our Marketo instance.

Here's the question: If I create my own landing page to track my own registrations (via flow to static list). Is the connecter smart enough to sync all registrations back to my instance regarldess of where the form was filled - Marketo LP and GoToWebinar LP? Beyond that will all those registrants continue to receive the GTW alerts, reminders and responses that our service provider already created. I'd like this to be as turnkey as possible. Any thoughts or input woudl be greatly appreciated!

Goals:
1. I don't really like importing lists 😉
2. Track self generated registrations vs third party
3. Bring all the info together directly within marketo

Thanks!
-David
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Webinars - Will WebEx and GoToWebinar sync members who registered via a Marketo LP and the event center site?

Good morning, David!

If you have program in Marketo setup and connected to the GoToWebinar event, we can definitely get most (if not all) of this done.

To be more specific:

1.  Any registrations done on the Marketo landing page that mark the leads as registered will be synced to the GTW event.
2.  Any registrations done on the non-Marketo GTW will NOT be pushed to Marketo.  We will get information on these leads after the event is complete when GTW sends the attended/no-show report back to Marketo.
3.  Those who register on the Marketo page and then get their registration status synced over to GTW will get any alerts/notifications from GTW that you have setup to be send out after a person registers. 

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Jesse
Technical Support Engineer - Premier Support Team
David_Gallaghe2
Level 5

Awesome - Thanks!

Slightly redundant but this is for my understanding ;)...

If the final registration sync doesnt happen until post-event, then any GTW registrations done prior to linking the GTW to Marketo (and after) do not really matter. Those will all be captured as show or no-show at the final sync. Additionally anyone who joins directly via the GTW interface will not be added to my registered member list as the list is not synced until the event is complete -- if i understand you correctly.

-David
Anonymous
Not applicable

David-

Correct, the only sync that happens between Marketo and GTW before the actual event are just Marketo pushing leads with a registered status in Marketo over to GTW.  If other leads register with GTM outside Marketo, we won't know until GTW pushes that data over to Marketo.

Let me know if you have any other questions!