SOLVED

Re: Webinars - Links and Landing Pages

Go to solution
Tom_Kerlin2
Level 8

Webinars - Links and Landing Pages

Hi everyone,

We're in the process of building out our webinar programs in Marketo and we're syncing with GoToWebinar.  I have some questions (please see below).  I appreciate your help!

1. How should we link the cancel your registration link on our confirmation registration email?  Can it link back to GoToWebinar?  How does that look in Marketo (another form and Landing Page with additional child campaign built out)?
  2. There is a Join the Webinar link on the Thank You Landing Page in case somebody registers last minute and wants to join from the landing page, but wasn’t sure what URL
    to use. I thought maybe use a the token: {{member.webinar url}}?
  3. For follow up emails, there are links to slide decks and to the recorded presentation.  These can be embedded on the company website but should we build out separate landing pages to take advantage of Marketo reporting? What is normally built out on such a page? (Title/video/description) and (Title/slide deck/description)

Thanks! Tom

Tom Kerlin
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

1. I've never used a cancel my reg link, but I guess you could create a page and URL for that. When they get there or fill out the short form there, you can then say Remove from Program for that lead.
  2. Always ask them to join via the unique URL that you send them via Marketo when they register: {{member.webinar url}}
  3. usually I send attendees directly to the download page. No shows have to go through a form first. If you are curious, check out what others do.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

1. I've never used a cancel my reg link, but I guess you could create a page and URL for that. When they get there or fill out the short form there, you can then say Remove from Program for that lead.
  2. Always ask them to join via the unique URL that you send them via Marketo when they register: {{member.webinar url}}
  3. usually I send attendees directly to the download page. No shows have to go through a form first. If you are curious, check out what others do.
Lauren_Beth
Level 6

Hi Tom,

For 2 - we use that token - works beautifully.  For 3 - we put the slide decks as a link in the follow up email and embed the video on a Marketo landing page.  Those that registered for the webinar (attended or not) get a direct link to that landing page in the email.  We then also have that video available on demand, but behind a form, for everyone else moving forward.

Lauren

Karin_Edmondson
Level 3

Hi Lauren:

We are doing our second webinar and ran some tests using the {{member.webinar url}} link.  I got the information no problem, but 2 other people in our organization had a blank were the link should have been.  Any ideas??

Thanks, Karin

Nevermind - found the answer here:  Token {{member.webinar url}} not populating in email

Lauren_Beth
Level 6

No worries, Karin!  Glad you found it.

Alok_Ramsisaria
Level 10

- I am not sure if we can link the cancellation link to g2w. Will have to test it out.

- For the Thanks landing page, you should use the static link which is generated in g2w when you create the webinar. When the user clicks on the link, he would be taken to a g2w registration page, and he will have to enter his details again to join the webinar.

- For showing Video/Slideshare, I would recommend creating landing pages in Marketo. You can decide if you want to keep them open or gated. Here's an example of one of our LPs: Grazitti Landing Page