Re: Webinar URL Token doesn't work member.webinar url:default=

Anonymous
Not applicable

Webinar URL Token doesn't work member.webinar url:default=

I'm using the GoToWebinar Integration and sending a confirmation email which consists of webinar URL token. I'm always using this token, but for some reason, it's not working this time.
Here is the token I'm using: 

{{member.webinar url:default=n/a}}

I spoke to Marketo support and they told me there has been an update on July 10 so I've tried recreating my program and started a new test email with a new test webinar - nothing worked 😞
I don't know if it's related - this thing started after I've created a calendar token - I didn't include it in my test, so I guess it's just a coincidence

Anyone?
Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Nicole_Mossinge
Level 7

Hi Yifat:

Sometimes you need a bit of a wait between the form submission and sending the confirmation email - just to give Marketo and GoToWebinar time to exchange the registration information.

Could you please insert a wait step of, say, 5 minutes, retest, and let us know what happened?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Nicole,

Thanks for your answer - I've tried waiting for 5 minutes - didn't work... 😞
Anonymous
Not applicable

We are having the same issue as well :0( 

The registration code token {{member.registration code}} is not merging data either and this was working recently.  I'm opening a ticket with tech support as we have a webinar reminder email going out today to several hundred leads and this needs to be working before that can go out.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just tested this in my production account and it seems to be working.  @Elliott - did you get any resolution from Support?
Anonymous
Not applicable

My problem seem to be solved!
I somehow changed the order in my campaign flow and had the email to be sent first. Support suggested that I'll switch the order and have the "Change Program Status" to be changed to "Registered" before sending the email. Now the tokens are being filled out correctly.

Hope that would help you too, Elliott.

Yifat
Anonymous
Not applicable

My test was invalid and this is working.  I manually sent myself the reminder email, but I forgot that I had removed myself from the program, so I had no Registration Code.  Sorry for the bad info.  I closed the case.