Re: Webinar Service Provider Recommendations?

Michelle_Cornel
Level 2

Webinar Service Provider Recommendations?

We currently use GoToWebinar. We have had quite a few issues over the past couple of months. Does anyone use and recommend another webinar service provider that integrates with Marketo?

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Michelle!

What issues have you been experiencing with GoToWebinar? I can give you a slew of webinar providers, but often we find that our clients are quick to switch their vendor thinking all their issues will be resolved, but in the end, there are challenges with the new vendor. Many of my clients use On24 and seem to like it.

Michelle_Cornel
Level 2

Hi Jame,

The API connection keeps failing. This has resulted in people registering for our webinars via Marketo forms, but never receiving the unique URL to log into the webinar from GoToWebinar. It's happened maybe 3 or 4 times in the last few months. We reached out to Marketo support and they have told us that the issue is on the GoToWebinar side. When we've contacted GoToWebinar, they tell us they don't do phone support for those issues and we need to email their developer teams.  By the time they get back to us, the connection works again (a few days later), and we can't duplicate the issue.

Gerard_Donnell4
Level 10

I use on24 and love it. Super simple to use and integrates well.

ON24 – Webcasting – Marketo LaunchPoint

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

We, too, are evaluating webinar services.  Oddly, none of the top providers (WebEx, On24, GTW, etc.) appear in Launchpoint under "Events & Webinars": Events & Webinars Marketing Automation Solutions – Marketo LaunchPoint

Taishi_Yamada
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Currently we use on24 (shifted from BrightTALK and evaluated Adobe Connect, Webex, Zoom webinar).

with on24, basis data sync (registration, attended, on-demand) works well. also, they're now working on the technology changing from "Flash" to "HTML5" based in this summer.

our challenging point with on24 is to pull the Q&A and Poll data from On24 to Marketo (we could do it from On24 to SFDC, but not coming to Marketo yet).

ChristinaZuniga

Taishi Yamada​, how do you want to pull that data into Marketo? It sounds like you're talking about pulling it onto the person record in Marketo, but it would override with each webinar the person attended. What would you do with the data if you had it? Right now I score off of the data or route leads to inside sales based on their poll or survey responses, but so far that's the only use I've found for it in Marketo.

Anonymous
Not applicable

You have probably found many useful solutions in this thread, but wanted to chime in. We are currently moving away from Webex, and I'm surprised to see so many people that have liked the functionality there.

Frontrunners are currently GoToWebinar, on24, Zoom, etc. I'm curious if people have had positive experiences there.

ChristinaZuniga

I've been a customer of GoToWebinar and loved it, but I've also been an employee so I'm biased .

I currently use ON24 and it has a lot of robust functionality. I'd say before implementing something like that since it's more expensive, make sure you have resources in place to truly take advantage of it. If you're running 1 live webinar a month, do you really need Simulive?