SOLVED

Re: Webinar Confirmation Emails for GoToWebinar Integration

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Webinar Confirmation Emails for GoToWebinar Integration

Hi All,

I am just starting to dive into integrated our GoToWebinar with Marketo. Does anyone have samples or suggestions on they type of confirmation email to send out to registered attendees? The biggest challenge I see is I can't get a Calendar invite with a reminder and the GoToWebinar event specific URL. So far I see my options as A. build a calendar token in Marketo - will include event specific URL, but there doesn't seem to be a function to add a 15 minute reminder or B. build and .ICS file - will include a 15 minute reminder, but not sure how to add the event specific URL

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
Lauren

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

I run all my GTW respones through Marketo. It makes tailoring the timing and troubleshooting issues far easier than through GTW.

If you don't want to run the emails through Marketo but want to include an ICS file, the easiest way would be to use the webinar.url token in the calendar invite token for the link. Although you can't send this through GTW, you could send it through Marketo 15 min before hand.

My confirmation email (sent through Marketo) read:
Dear {{lead.First Name:default=edit me}} {{lead.Last Name:default=edit me}},

Thank you for your interest our webinar.

Your registration is now confirmed and your unique login URL is: {{member.webinar url:default=edit me}}.

{{my.Calendar:default=edit me}}

The calendar hyperlink says "Click here to add to Outlook Calendar" and contains the same member token above for the location.

I hope this helps!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Matt_Stone2
Level 9

Admittedly I don't use the GTW integration, I use On24. However, is there a reason you don't want to use the native GTW registration confirmation emails?

I know with On24, you can get the registration URL and I would assume the same for GTW.

Check out this guide: http://pages2.marketo.com/rs/marketob2/images/Marketo_GoToWebinar_Adapter_UserGuide.pdf

It looks like you can use this token: {{member.webinar url}}
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ype, I went through the Adapter guide, but it isn't super clear on confirmation emails. It seems like they need to be built out in Marketo versus ran through GoToWebinar. Thanks for your input though!
Anonymous
Not applicable

I run all my GTW respones through Marketo. It makes tailoring the timing and troubleshooting issues far easier than through GTW.

If you don't want to run the emails through Marketo but want to include an ICS file, the easiest way would be to use the webinar.url token in the calendar invite token for the link. Although you can't send this through GTW, you could send it through Marketo 15 min before hand.

My confirmation email (sent through Marketo) read:
Dear {{lead.First Name:default=edit me}} {{lead.Last Name:default=edit me}},

Thank you for your interest our webinar.

Your registration is now confirmed and your unique login URL is: {{member.webinar url:default=edit me}}.

{{my.Calendar:default=edit me}}

The calendar hyperlink says "Click here to add to Outlook Calendar" and contains the same member token above for the location.

I hope this helps!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kim,

I would prefer to run all my emails through Marketo. Just to clarify, if I use the calendar token, is there an option to add a 15 minute reminder? Or are you suggestioning sending a remdiner email 15 minutes before the webinar?

Thanks!
Lauren