Webhook not firing

Anonymous
Not applicable

Webhook not firing

Hello,

From Thursday onwards a webhook we have been trying to send seems to have gone through successfully from our end but our partner doesn't seem to receive the webhook. Because it seems that everything is fine in Marketo, does that mean that the problem is on their side? How else can I check that the problem is not in Marketo? By the way, we have other webhooks going to this partner that are working properly so it is an isolated issue.

Thank you,

Cristina

6 REPLIES 6
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Webhook not firing

hi Cristina,

Get to a lead that is supposed to have the webhook fired, and scroll the activity log ti the webhook activity. Display the details, copy your screen and paste the screenshot here.

Without this, it's just guesswork

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Gregoire,

Please see below the Details of someone who called the webhook but whose information didn't get to our partner.

pastedImage_0.png

Thank you for your help.

Cristina

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Please click on the Activity Log ID (102864...) for the failed Call Webhook to show us the details.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Please find below the Activity details of the webhook.

pastedImage_0.png

Thank you,

Cristina

Michaela_Iery3
Marketo Employee

Well, the 200 code makes me think that from Marketo's point of view, it received a suitable response receipt from the server. Which makes me think it's on their side. You said you have another webhook with the partner that is working fine - did you compare the two to see what is different in the URL or payload?

Also - just because I always need to check - you do have the webhook flow step in a TRIGGERED campaign, yes? Not a batch?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Well, the 200 code makes me think that from Marketo's point of view, it received a suitable response receipt from the server.

Not exactly, since if you look at the response there's no response payload. This suggests the post used the wrong Content-Type, causing the server to discard the request payload and in turn send no response. (In more sensitive systems there would be a 4xx error but that's not always the case with unsupported C-T.)

Also - just because I always need to check - you do have the webhook flow step in a TRIGGERED campaign, yes? Not a batch?

...it would have status 1000 if mistakenly called from a batch.