SOLVED

Re: Webex token not populating in ics

Go to solution
Gareth_Spencer
Level 3

Webex token not populating in ics

Hi

I am trying to include the Webex token link - {{member.webinar url:default=edit me}} - in the body of the ics calendar token as we have done before, however this is not populating correctly, and instead of a link, the token appears in the same format as above only.

The same link works fine in the body of an email, and the registration (verified in Webex and via the back-up page) is correct.

I have seen a similar post relating to "GoToWebinar" where the format of the token build seems to have recently changed, could this also be the case with Webex?

Can anyone help by shedding any light on this issue for you?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Gareth,

For whatever reason, the {{member.webinar url:default=edit me}} token within a calendar token doesnt work in test emails. Because it references the recipient at the time of delivery so it can store the correct link in the iCS, the only way to truly test it is to set up a "test-Production" email.

Simply create a smart campaign, use your test email address (ensure this record is registered in the program) and have the flow step to send the email with the "add to calendar" token/link in it and send. Now Marketo will have a record to reference and create a webinar url link when sending and you should have a working webinar link in your iCal.

Unlike tokens such as First Name or Company, selecting a "test" record in a test email does not work for a webinar url token within the calendar token. It must be a live email.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Trevor_Parsell
Level 6

Hey Gareth,

I have had the same problem in the past. The only way I was able to fix it was to create a new add to calendar token (it can be exactly the same) and reinsert the member URL token within the new calendar file. I also had to replace the {{my.AddToCalendar}} token with the new one in all email/landing pages where the previous one lived.

Thanks!

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I haven't heard of changes to the {{member.webinar url}} token.

It can sometimes be an issue with how fast you send the email and the code not being sent back properly. Try Trevor's method or play around with it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Gareth,

For whatever reason, the {{member.webinar url:default=edit me}} token within a calendar token doesnt work in test emails. Because it references the recipient at the time of delivery so it can store the correct link in the iCS, the only way to truly test it is to set up a "test-Production" email.

Simply create a smart campaign, use your test email address (ensure this record is registered in the program) and have the flow step to send the email with the "add to calendar" token/link in it and send. Now Marketo will have a record to reference and create a webinar url link when sending and you should have a working webinar link in your iCal.

Unlike tokens such as First Name or Company, selecting a "test" record in a test email does not work for a webinar url token within the calendar token. It must be a live email.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Good point, same w/Velocity tokens btw -- always use a real email, not a Sample.

Trevor_Parsell
Level 6

I could be wrong but I am almost certain that I've seen these populate when testing in the past.

Nicholas_Manojl
Level 9

There is no membership until someone has actually registered for the event though. The details are passed through from the webinar provider directly.

Gareth_Spencer
Level 3

Thanks for the input everyone, I did create a new token but it was only when sending a "real" email through the smart campaign did the actual token populate correctly.