Re: Webex/Marketo Integration Problems

Lauren_Beth
Level 6

Webex/Marketo Integration Problems

Hi all - we've been experiencing considerable problems with our Webex/Marketo connection over the past year.  The latest critical error, our fourth in less than 12 months, is listing registrants as "registration error"  --- Error registering with webinar provider. exception='Webex API call error; validation: Parsing Error : An invalid XML character (Unicode: 0x1a) was found in the element content of the document. Line : 1 Column : 246 [Webex exception ID = '999999']'

Anyone else run into this error before?  Any former WebEx users out there with recommendations for a new webinar provider?  These connection issues take forever to fix given Marketo support does not seem to understand the issues, nor do they feel responsible in regards to updating integrations, leaving us with very unreliable webinar campaigns for days.  Thank you!

14 REPLIES 14
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Webex is terrible in so many ways. This is what happens when you don't update your product for 10 years. Sadly, I have no insight into your specific error. It could be the email you are sending from WebEx (if you are) or maybe there's something wrong with the integration somewhere?

Did you ask Support on either side?

I love GTW and have had few issues with it with Marketo and in running a webinar.

Also using ON24. Works pretty well and haven't encountered sync errors.

Lauren_Beth
Level 6

Thanks, Josh!  Support is helpful to a degree but takes ages to figure out issues as no one at Marketo seems to know much about the Webex sync.  Meanwhile, our production process grinds to a halt.  I'll give GTW and ON24 a look. 

Gareth_Spencer
Level 3

Hi!
We are experiencing exactly the same error here this week and have been unable to find a solution as yet!  Could I ask if you have found one yourselves?
My colleagues have created an event in WebEx and I need to integrate into our campaign so changing platform for the meeting is not an option unfortunately.
Thank you!

Gareth_Spencer
Level 3

As an update after discussing with Marketo Support - we have re-input the login details in Launchpad and this has resolved our issue! 
I would suggest trying this if you are still experiencing this same issue!

Anonymous
Not applicable

We use WebEx as well and while we don't have any webinar programs in progress right now, there some that are coming up that I will be creating shortly. Do you know if I we will need to re-input the login details in Launchpad at this time in order to prevent the registration error from occurring with our upcoming webinars?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes you will. Customer support said all WebEx API users were logged out.

You will need to log in to Launch Pad and re-login.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!

Colby_Dix
Level 5

Thanks for this. Needs to be moved to the top as the solution.

ooooh shiny.
Gareth_Spencer
Level 3

Thanks Colby! Hopefully that will be done!