Re: Webex Event Center URL asking for Event ID

JD_Nelson
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Webex Event Center URL asking for Event ID

I'm curious why my event center token is sending people to a blank webex page requesting an event id if they join too far before the webinar begins.  In webex, I have checked 'attendees can join 10 minutes before the scheduled start time" which seems to resolve the issue within those 10 minutes (the link takes them to the meeting page), which is fine, then.  

However, if I join "too early" and I enter the event number I get this lovely screen full of my event information with an alert that says the meeting hasn't started yet and to please come back... I want my attendees to see that screen anytime (outside of the 10-minute window) they click my {{member.webinar url:default=}} token.

Anyone else experiencing this?  Hopefully there's a secret button that I skim over every single time...

Thanks!
Tags (1)
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi JD,

When you set up the Event and select the Webex webinar, you can set a Back Up page.  The purpose of the back-up page is where your users go if they try to access the webinar before it is live.  This can be a custom landing page that you create.

Does this help?

Thanks,
Cheryl
Cassandra_Clark
Level 2

Where can I find documentation on creating the backup page?  I've looked in several locations and it is only mentioned not outlined in detail.  In a test we just ran after the webex ended the backup page popped up as well.  How do I stop this from happening? 

Cheers,

Cassandra

JD_Nelson

Hi Cassandra -- What information are you looking for? Basically you just create a landing page that you want, and when you sync your webinar in marketo with your Event Partner, you just add the page you created to the bottom section of the sync box. Other than that, I'm not sure there's much documentation or processes to provide. I'm not too familiar with it, otherwise, and can't explain why it pops up after the webinar is over--sorry.

Cassandra_Clark
Level 2

Yeah I was hoping @Cheryl Chavez  would respond : ). 

Cassandra_Clark
Level 2

I am back to having to connect webex events and marketo.  I have the back up page all set, but I get an error message when I try to click on the link in my conf email.  I am using the right tokens...any advice? 

JD_Nelson

which token are you using? When you test it are you testing it with someone that's registered? Also, is your test a batch send test, or a sample test sent through a program -- you'll need to do a full batch test send to yourself, and likely need to be registered so it picks you up (although not 100% sure on that last part when it comes to back-up pages).

JD_Nelson

I would like my users to go to the same link as if they used the generic attendee link instead of having to create a new page with the same info. However, when I put the generic URL as the backup page I get an error and it doesn't work as expected. I was curious if this could have been resolved by doing a Losted Event, but we don't utilize that at my company. For now I give them the URL token and always provide the event id since that is the screen that appears when you join too early. Any better options to get them to that webex page?
Anonymous
Not applicable

We have updated the product documentation to specifically mention the backup page step instead of making it only a tip. See:  http://docs.marketo.com/display/DOCS/Create+an+Event+with+WebEx

http://docs.marketo.com/display/DOCS/Create+an+Event+with+WebEx

Thank you.

Cassandra_Clark
Level 2

Thanks for commenting so quickly.  I am glad you say a bit more on the topic in this documentation, but what about my issue with after I close the webinar the back up page pops up?