Webex API Error - Self registration not allowed?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Webex API Error - Self registration not allowed?

Did Webex make some changes? We set up our events in Webex using Event Center and use the integration with Webex. We have never had an issue until this last week where two of our webinars are giving us "Registration Errors" when people sign up through our Marketo forms. I have double checked all my settings in the Webex Event Center and in Marketo, but I see no obvious errors.

Here is a screen shot of the error code listed in Marketo. 
The text says "Faliled Webex API Call error: Self registration is not supported by this service type or current meeting. [Webex exception ID= '110051']
0EM50000000RzOH.jpg

Thank you for anyone's help.
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Re: Webex API Error - Self registration not allowed?

Hey Carey,

This is a WebEx behavior quirk.  To fix this issue, you'll need to toggle the 'Registration Required' field in you WebEx webinar.  You can then freely untoggle this, and the error should be gone after pushing registration again.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Kenny. I went in to Webex and made "Registration Required". I went back into Marketo and clicked "Refresh from Webinar provider". Is that how you push the registration? Is there anything else I need to do? Thank you very much!
Anonymous
Not applicable

I figured it out. I manually changed everyone's status to Registered and then clicked Refresh and now both Webex and Marketo show the same number of registrations.

Thank you!