SOLVED

WebEx Integration - Any Gotcha's?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

WebEx Integration - Any Gotcha's?

I am preparing our upcoming webinar using WebEx Event Center Marketo Integration. In our past system we never had integration so we just handled each system separately and didn't require registraiton in webex (only in our marketing automation tool).

Is there anything specific I should be sure to test before our live event? Any one had issues with people being able to get in to the event, etc? Looking for any advice in advance!

Erin
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WebEx Integration - Any Gotcha's?

Test the amount of time it takes for your system to populate the Webinar Url token. Although in the integration instructions it says 15 mins, it can be a lot faster. We have a bunch of people that try and register/join the webinar right before it starts and the 15 min delay is too long. I find that 5 min is adequate for our system, but it took a bit of testing to slim that time frame down.

Aside from that, if you follow all of the integration instructions for WebEx/Marketo, it's simple and makes handling webinars easy and awesome.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Test the amount of time it takes for your system to populate the Webinar Url token. Although in the integration instructions it says 15 mins, it can be a lot faster. We have a bunch of people that try and register/join the webinar right before it starts and the 15 min delay is too long. I find that 5 min is adequate for our system, but it took a bit of testing to slim that time frame down.

Aside from that, if you follow all of the integration instructions for WebEx/Marketo, it's simple and makes handling webinars easy and awesome.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Kristen!

Yeah, that was the one thing I was curious about. Sometimes we have a flurry of people register right before the webinar. So just to clarify - you are pulling out the attendee link from WebEx and putting that into your marketo confirmation email correct? And then webex takes that user information for when the person actually tries to attend to confirm their attendance? 

Erin
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes. The attendee link is the webinar URL token. WebEx tracks their attendance through the unique access link. It just takes a minute or two for Marketo to talk to WebEx then create the access URL. Hence, the wait period.