WebEx Event Invite

Anonymous
Not applicable

WebEx Event Invite

I'm setting up my first webinar event using WebEx. I've completed the integration but am working on setting up the invite. Is it as simple as creating a campaign where the smart list defines who we want to invite and the flow sends the invite email? Once they fill out the registration form, how is their unique attendee url generated so that I can use it as a token in the confirmation email? Is there a way to make the confirmation email a calendar event?

Tags (1)
8 REPLIES 8
JD_Nelson
Level 10 - Community Advisor
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WebEx Event Invite

Yes I have but it doesn't address the questions above.

JD_Nelson

I believe it should populate back to the Member token: {{member.webinar url}}

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Also, as JD notes, you should search the Community for "member.webinar url" -- there's a lot you can learn about how people use this token.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the suggestion however I have already searched the community to get answers to my questions above and did not find anything. To clarify, I am not asking about the different ways people use this token.

JD_Nelson

were we able to answer your question fully?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

... I have already searched the community to get answers to my questions above and did not find anything.

But every thread about {{member.webinar url}} answers the question "How is their unique attendee URL generated?" -- unless you're looking for the technical implementation used by the partner's API, which no one can possibly be privy to.

"Is there a way to make the confirmation email a calendar event?" -- the answer is the same as for any other calendar event.

Hi Candace,

just to answer this questions "Is it as simple as creating a campaign where the smart list defines who we want to invite and the flow sends the invite email?" explicitly: Yes, it is that simple. As they fill out the form, you have a campaign that updates their status to registered and thats it. Webex and Marketo syncs the member info in the background so you don't need to do anything in Webex. You manage everything in Marketo. Even if you add/import attendees manually in the event, set their status to registered and send them the email containing {{member.webinar url}} they will be able to access the webinar. Additionally, after the webex webinar/session, the status of members who attended will also change to "Attended" automatically.

You have to, however, prepare and manage all communications through Marketo.

Best;m