Re: Web services error codes

Ken_Soldink
Level 2

Web services error codes

We consistently get error codes 1003 and 1006 and I cannot find these definitions in documentation anywhere..

Anyone have any experience or idea what these codes means?

Thanks,

_Ken

15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

1003 is usually an authentication error, 1006 is service could not be contacted

Both of these are based on my experience, may not be precisely correct in this case

Ken_Soldink
Level 2

Thanks Jamie. Do you know where I can dive into the actual error message attached to the codes? Like what lead or smart campaign or service triggered the authentication error, or timeout? There's no actual information I can review to determine what's causing the errors, and how to fix them.

Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

You can find a full list of codes here: Error Codes » Marketo Developers

1003 means that a business rule was violated by the data submitted in the call.  The specifics will be variable according to the type of call and the request made.  If you have an example request we could let you know why you might be getting it.

1006 means that a field was submitted for a Lead, Company, Opp...etc. which does not exist in the target instance.  If you catch and log the response, it should provide the name of the invalid response.

Leanne_Persang
Level 4

Hi all,

I received multiple 609 codes over the weekend:

pastedImage_0.png

Looking at the list of developer codes, this means:

pastedImage_1.png

Knowing that, any idea what action I need to do in order to fix the error?

Thanks for your help!

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You have to find the client app that caused the error.

Then make sure the JSON stringifier and related request logic always passes valid JSON.

It's impossible to say more without a look at an offending payload. JSON syntax is extremely well-known, so if you're using a standard JSON encoder (i.e. not building your own JSON string) I expect the problem is more like an undefined/empty var, etc.

Leanne_Persang
Level 4

Thanks for your response, Jason. Unfortunately, I am not a developer - where do I look for an undefined/empty var, etc.?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

What are the apps that consume your REST services? That's where the error is occurring.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I wish Marketo would list the API user that triggered the error, include the definition beside the error code, and include the other details that are captured in their log. That'd make troubleshooting a little easier.

Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

This is a good idea.  I'll see what we can do.