SOLVED

Re: Web Services Error 1018

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Web Services Error 1018

Hi all. We recently set up a new integration (BrightTalk) and I created a new API user with the email address below. We've been getting daily "web service errors" with code 1018. I opened a support ticket to try and troubleshoot and the response was:

We don’t log API calls on our end but we do have some information that could be used by your developer in order to troubleshoot the issue.
User : testrobin17@gmail.com
Endpoint used: /rest/v1/companies/describe.json
Error: 1018
Error Cause: The action could not be carried out, because the instance has a native CRM integration enabled.
IP: 35.167.88.146

Neither I nor my developer can find any information on what's actually causing the issue or how to fix it.

Anyone have experience with this?

Thank you!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Steven_Vanderb3
Marketo Employee

You'll have to reach out to BrightTalk. The error is likely not actionable though. It depends on what BrightTalk is trying to update and if that matters to the integration. The integration is trying to update an API endpoint that is disabled because you have a native CRM sync. That's probably desired behavior, but we generate that error to let you know an attempt was made that failed.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Steven_Vanderb3
Marketo Employee

BrightTalk is trying to call one of the endpoints for Company (Account) operations.  If you integrate natively with SFDC or Dynamics, you are not allowed to use these endpoints and it will return a 1018 error.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Steven. We do have a SFDC integration. So, what do I need to do change? Something with BrightTalk? Sorry, new to integrations.

Steven_Vanderb3
Marketo Employee

I'm unfamiliar with how Brighttalk works but someone else here may know (or Brighttalk support).  Basically you need the connector configured to stop calling that endpoint since it can't access it anyway.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks again, Steven. I ended up creating a new API-only role for BrightTalk without the company permissions. The 1018 error has stopped but now I'm getting a 603 error:

Access denied

Authentication is successful but user doesn’t have sufficient permission to call this API. Additional permissions may need to be assigned to the user role.

Back at it with BrightTalk and Marketo support, but if anyone has any insight it would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Robin Mazer, have you been able to find a resolution?

Simon_Lessard
Level 4

Hi everyone, 

For documentation sake, I worked with Marketo support team and they were able to identify that BrightTalk needs those permissions in order not to return error 603:

Read-Write Custom Object 
Read-Write Custom Object Type
Read-Write Named Account
Read-Write Named Account List
Read-Only Opportunity
Nancy_Rosentha4
Level 2

@Steven_Vanderb3  I don't exactly understand what you are saying the correction would be here.  Do we configure this differently from our end or from the BrightTalk side of the house, and if us, how/where do we configure to stop calling the "endpoint"?  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Nancy Rosenthal
Albert_Li
Level 2

I am getting the same error from BrightTalk / Marketo Integration. Anyone come up with a solution?

Laura_Baller
Level 1

Same experience here. I see the comments, but I'm not sure if I'm interpreting this right - what specifically do I need to update or change to fix this?