SOLVED

Re: Web Personalization - Tracking Conversions and Hiding Dialog/Widget after Conversion

Go to solution
Bryan_Epstein
Level 6

Web Personalization - Tracking Conversions and Hiding Dialog/Widget after Conversion

I am diving into Web Personalization for my company, and I can't figure out the means as which to hide a dialog or widget after someone has converted it. For us, we are embedding a local form to a Marketing Program within the widget. We have set up all of the flow stes as well as defined success by a user filling out the form.

Is there a way to hide web personalization for any of the formats after someone converts? Our hope is that our clients don't feel annoyed by always being followed by the same web personalization item.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grace_Brebner3
Level 10

Re: Web Personalization - Tracking Conversions and Hiding Dialog/Widget after Conversion

Hey Bryan Epstein​!

Web personalisation can be a bit finnicky sometimes, especially with rules. There's two ways to achieve this which might work for you - the best may depend on the specifics of the campaign. But basically you want to exclude people from the segment applied to that campaign, so you want to apply one of these two rules below - either add all people who convert on that campaign to a static list, and exclude all members of that static list, or simply require that people must be anonymous web visitors to qualify for the campaign. The former may work better for a campaign that is still relevant to people who are already in your database (e.g. a competition/promotion/event), the latter for a campaign that's irrelevant to people in your database (e.g. a newsletter sign up).

pastedImage_0.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Grace_Brebner3
Level 10

Hey Bryan Epstein​!

Web personalisation can be a bit finnicky sometimes, especially with rules. There's two ways to achieve this which might work for you - the best may depend on the specifics of the campaign. But basically you want to exclude people from the segment applied to that campaign, so you want to apply one of these two rules below - either add all people who convert on that campaign to a static list, and exclude all members of that static list, or simply require that people must be anonymous web visitors to qualify for the campaign. The former may work better for a campaign that is still relevant to people who are already in your database (e.g. a competition/promotion/event), the latter for a campaign that's irrelevant to people in your database (e.g. a newsletter sign up).

pastedImage_0.png

Bryan_Epstein
Level 6

This is great, Grace! i was hoping to avoid having to create a bunch of segments, but it makes sense to me that would be the means to make it happen.

Thanks!