Web Activity Reports; How do I block visits from specific IP addresses?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Web Activity Reports; How do I block visits from specific IP addresses?

I want to exclude all traffic from my company's HQ and field offices from my reports, even anonymous visitors.

I also need to filter obvious bots that are making their way into my reports.

Only solutions I'm finding for filtering the report is with a smartlist, possibly using email address, which doesn't seem to meet my needs.

Somebody asked exactly the same question a year ago, but it was never answered.

Thanks in advance,

- Greg

3 REPLIES 3
John_Clark1
Level 10

Re: Web Activity Reports; How do I block visits from specific IP addresses?

Hi Greg,

You're right on with the smart list.  Any filtering of the report would have to be done there.

Have you tried the Anonymous IP filter?  I think that should do what you want. 

You can also use an email filter it a contains option like "(YourCompanyName)", or one of the Inferred filters might be able to block these leads.

John

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

If you want to block those IPs from ever getting logged by Munchkin in the first place, you can hook up something like the IP-API and only call Munchkin.init() if the IP address is in the allowed ranges. (Set a browser session cookie with the result so you only have to call the API once.)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Sanford. That did do the trick.

Related weirdness, I monkeyed with reports yesterday, main goal of having one that just tracks visits "yesterday" vs. from last 7 days, and emails it daily. This morning to got THREE emails, two with my filters applied, one old one, etc. A mess.

But in "Web Activity Reports" I only see a single report. And it's only got a single subscription.

How do I find/see/delete these other reports?

2015-10-02_1226.png