Re: Was Sent Multiple Emails in 7 Day Period

Eitan_Rapps1
Level 4

Was Sent Multiple Emails in 7 Day Period

We are trying to see how many people in our database received more than one email (any email) in a week-long period, over the course of the last 3 months.

This means the constraint Date of Activity: in past 1 week is not relevant, because I am not looking for just this past week, rather I want any week-long period over the last few months.

Any suggestions on how to set up such a Smart List?

Thanks!

Eitan Rapps
7 REPLIES 7
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I can't see a path to constructing this kind of report in the UI. You could pull the Activity Log and crunch it offline (SQL window functions are built for this kind of thing).

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

If you have RCE, you can do this using an email analysis report and the Weekly send filters.

pastedImage_0.png

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Not 7-calendar-day windows, though.

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Haha, true.. but usually this can get close enough answers, especially if people are looking at a M-F week

Eitan_Rapps1
Level 4

Thanks, Dory! Appreciate the help

Eitan Rapps
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I was about to include this same example from RCE yesterday (that Dory included), until I realized that there's no way to filter out just those people that have been sent an email >1 during a given week (let alone a 7 day period).  When including a >1 filter, it tallies up the number sent across the entire timeframe - not each week. Which is going to result in a large number of people to analyze.  I suppose you can then export this and do some further analysis/filtering in Excel.

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Good point, Dan. I think I'm so used to RCE requiring Excel work that it didn't even occur to me. A lot of our custom metrics actually come across as dimensions so that we can have them across all of the types of reports and not just lead reports. RCE to me means you're going to Excel next.