SOLVED

Re: Want to load list with comments into an acitivty in sfdc

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Want to load list with comments into an acitivty in sfdc

We load lists form our events and the lead comments field we are currently using maps well with the lead comments field we have created in sfdc but it overwrites it each time and we don't want that field to grow too large even if we decided to create it with breaks in between the notes. What I want to do is have the lead comments column in my list upload to go directly into the comments in a task. How would I create a token for that? I see that I need to put a custom variable in the comments section of the task I have set up in the flow action but I don't know how to connect the lead comments column in the list upload to the comments in the task.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

If you create your "new Comments" field on the lead, then you can just pass the content as a token into the description in your Create Task flow step, {{lead.New Comments}}.  This will overwrite the field each time, but will pass the new value to the task every time that it's uploaded.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

If you create your "new Comments" field on the lead, then you can just pass the content as a token into the description in your Create Task flow step, {{lead.New Comments}}.  This will overwrite the field each time, but will pass the new value to the task every time that it's uploaded.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Molly,

When you upload the list in Marketo, map it to the 'lead comments' field. It will overwrite.

Simply add / trigger a smart campaign for these newly uploaded leads with 'Create a Task' flow action.

In that flow action, merge this 'lead comments' field.

Here is a screenshot. Merge the 'lead comments' token where the 'red box' is shown.

hope this helps

Rajesh

pastedImage_0.png

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Molly,

You need to set it up the following way:

• Create a program that will contains 2 static lists named "import" and "previous imports"
  • Add a smart campaign to the program with the following characteristics:
    • Trigger : added to list "Import"
    • Flow
      • Sync to SFDC (in case the lead is not there yet)
      • Create task -> use the {{lead.comment}} token in the task descrption
      • Data value change. Attribute = Comment, new value = NULL (in uppercase)
      • add to list, List is "Previous imports"
      • Remove from list, List IS "Import"
    • Qualification rule
      • Every time
  • Activate the smart campaign
  • Import your list in the "IMPORT" list and maek sure you are never importing twice the same lead in a single import. You can import it twice in separate imports, though

-Greg