Wait step not refreshing data

Andrew_McGallan
Level 1

Wait step not refreshing data

hello all,

i have a wait step in my smart campaign flow, the purpose of this is to allow all data to sync and settle. i want to trigger an operational email when an appointment is booked for the customer, so i have the filters in the smart list set to booked, then a wait step to make sure it stays booked ( our customers sometimes cancel 5 mins later) then a booking confirmation email is sent

im seeing emails sent to customers who have cancelled before the end of the wait step. does the wait step 'refresh' the information, or merely wait and send the email even if the info has changed (eg booking was cancelled)? and if so, how do i trigger a refresh and exclude those that no longer qualify?

thanks

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Wait step not refreshing data

Please move the thread to Products‌. You've posted in About, which isn't a support space. Move link will be at the right (please move this thread, don't merely open a new one).

Andrew_McGallan
Level 1

thanks, first post. now moved

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Thanks for moving.

No, Smart Campaigns do not automatically reevaluate their qualification criteria after every flow step. They'd be very inefficient -- unusable, really -- if they did.

You can do what you're describing in one of 2 ways:

• Recommended: add another Smart Campaign triggering on Data Value Change from "booked" to whatever represents "cancelled" in your environment.  Use the flow step Remove from Flow to early-exit them from the other campaign if they're still in it. This most closely models the case you're trying to capture.
  • Also possible, but not recommended: add a conditional Remove from Flow step to the original SC, re-checking the value of the field directly after the Wait.