Wait step change didn't take effect

Steph_Anderson
Level 4

Wait step change didn't take effect

We changed the wait step in the flow of a previously initiated campaign by one day and it still sent at the original date/time?

Why didn't it send at the updated date/time?

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Wait step change didn't take effect

Were people already in the wait step?

Steph_Anderson
Level 4

Yes, it was a date wait.

pastedImage_0.png

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Think of a wait step like this:

• You're handing out individual handheld timers to a bunch of people
  • You set the timers to, say, 45 minutes for the first bunch of people
  • Then you start setting the timers to 15 minutes for all new people, but old people timers are still ticking from the original
Steph_Anderson
Level 4

Do you know if there is a future step in the flow, like a choice in an email send that changes, would that still work? Or would only the original stand?

I just added the choice seen below to the campaign that was already initiated. Will that still work, or do I need to pull folks from the flow and set up a new outbound for that step?

Thanks!

pastedImage_0.png

Jackie_Potts
Level 7 - Champion Alumni

We have found that once the campaign is set and there are members, it will not change the wait step after the campaign is started.

Steph_Anderson
Level 4

Hmm, I supposed because they are already in the wait step?

Do you know if I add a choice after it's initiated if that will work, since they are not already in that "step?"

Thanks!

pastedImage_0.png

Jackie_Potts
Level 7 - Champion Alumni

I don't think it will add the next step from what I remember of how things happened. If they have completed the steps that were there before you add in this step, it won't as they will have completed the campaign. However, I don't think any of them will be part of the flow from what we have seen in the past.