Re: Wait Time to Send Confirmation Email

Tom_Kerlin2
Level 8

Wait Time to Send Confirmation Email

Hi everyone,

In the workflow of my registration confirmation child campaign, there is a step saying wait 3 minutes to send registration confirmation email.  I would like to know what a best practice is regarding this flow step.  Not sure if 3 minutes is too long to send email, or if that time is needed for Marketo to properly deploy.

I appreciate your feedback on this. 

Thanks, Tom

Tom Kerlin
4 REPLIES 4
Andy_Varshneya1
Level 9

Hi Tom,

It all depends on what content you have in your confirmation email. If the email does not depend on other triggers running as well, you can send it right away. However, if you have additional trigger campaigns that need to run first (i.e. Lead is created, then synced to SFDC and assigned to a lead owner, and then the email is sent using tokens such as {{lead.Lead Owner Email Address}}), then you should wait 1-2 minutes first to allow the sync to take place and all the fields to be updated first.

Raul_Cano2
Level 3

Hi Tom,

Our trigger campaign is set to send the confirmation email right away. In general, the wait step would be needed if there are other workflows that trigger off the form fillout that may be needed before the email goes out. Otherwise you would run into a race condition when the email is sent.

Raul

Chris_Saporito
Level 9

I agree, we typically send right away. If we have any additional actions in the flow step we will add a wait step to give that information time to sync to Salesforce.

Tom_Kerlin2
Level 8

Hi Chris,

Thanks for reply.  We have a 3 minute wait time because we're syncing with GoToWebinar but not sure how long it takes for API to exchange information between systems.

Tom Kerlin